Organised by the Source, there is a public presentation on water and land management in the Upper Calder Valley on Tuesday 23rd September 2014, Waterside Room, Hebden Bridge Town Hall – 7pm – 9pm.
Heptonstall writer and journalism lecturer Amy Binns has just published Valley of a Hundred Chapels. This local history reveals how centuries of interwoven religious and political dissent sprang from people’s refusal to worship in the way the government told them to.
Posted from here.
Time was, the proverb went “Where there’s muck, there’s brass.”
But now Calderdale is part of a West Yorkshire hotspot for positive investors – people who invest their savings in businesses that create positive social and environmental results, as well as making money.
This information is included in Positive Investing in the United Kingdom, a report by Ethex, the UK’s first online exchange for positive investments.
A Todmorden Town Councillor, Mark Caterall, is the only Councillor in the Upper Calder Valley on the list of initial signatories to Councillors Against Cuts Founding Statement. How many Councillors in the Upper Calder Valley have signed up since?
All members of the public are welcome to attend the next meeting of Calderdale Council’s Economy and Environment Scrutiny Panel, on 26th July at 6pm in Todmorden Town Hall. The Calder Valley floods will be the only item on the agenda.
Here’s an article about encouraging investment in green skills – the Rio +20 Earth Summit, by Hanna Thomas, green jobs director for Otesha Project UK, a partner in the East London Green Jobs Alliance.
Welcome to Environment news and information.
In this section, you can find out about a range of environment news and information, and post your own as well.
The Environment section includes:
- Local environment groups news
- Incredible Edible Mytholm
- Ban the Burn news
- Blackshaw Environmental Action Team
- Hebden Royd Town Council news
Calderdale Energy Future Panel & Green Deal (this section will soon migrate to the Energy section – I’m in the process of revising the site plan, so that readers can find things more easily )
- Calderdale Energy Future – news
- Green Deal – a public-private partnership too far
- Calderdale’s Energy Future – not looking great
- Environmental & social justice news
- Public right to environmental justice
- Environmental information regulations requests
- Fossil fuels and climate change news
- A bit about climate science
- How can you solve a problem like climate change?
- UK & Calderdale Carbon emissions
- Green consumerism doesn’t work
- Greenwash detector
Changing More Than Lightbulbs by Jenny Shepherd is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.